A multi-faceted weekend program that celebrates the pride and passion of the Hispanic community by providing consumers one-of-a kind access to the celebrities and culturally relevant content that inspires them, Festival People en Español features two nights of concerts by the biggest names in Latino music and two days of free, open to the public events.
Doors open for the daytime sessions at 9:30 a.m. each day and the sessions run until 5 p.m. both Saturday, Sept. 1, and Sunday, Sept. 2. Festival People en Español daytime events are free of charge and tickets are not needed to attend.
The Festival PEOPLE EN ESPAÑOL daytime line-up is as follows:
Saturday, September 1
· Get in Shape with José Fernández: Come work out with celebrity trainer and People en Español columnist, José Fernández, as he also shares nutrition and wellness tips.
· Celebrity Q&A with Maite Perroni: The Mexican actress sits down to talk about her work in telenovelas, her upcoming projects and her personal life.
· Musical Performance by Sebastien de la Cruz from
· Musical Performance by AB Quintanilla & Kumbia All Starz
· Musical Performance by Matt Hunter, The Newest Voice in Latin Pop
· Play up your Curves Fashion Show: People en Español fashion and beauty director, María “Kika” Rocha, and Venezuelan actress Gaby Espino talk fashion for all body shapes and budgets.
· The Wonder Woman Myth/ Live Beyond the Guilt: Today’s modern women discuss how to achieve home and work balance. A lively chat about having it all with People en Español columnists María Marín and Jeannette Torres, and celebrity author Laura Posada and singer Priscila Ángel.
· Selena’s Legacy: The Quintanilla family shares how they keep alive the music of the Queen of Tejano, Selena.
Sunday, September 2nd
· Celebrity Q&A with David Zepeda: The telenovela leading man chats about work, upcoming projects and his life once the cameras are turned off.
· Lorena Rojas, Surviving Against All Odds: The Mexican actress talks about surviving breast cancer and how she took control of her new life.
· Celebrity Q&A with Larry Hernández: The Regional Mexican singer talks about his new reality television show, his musical career and his life as a dad.
· Musical Performance by Sie7e
· Sheila E. discusses crossing the cultural and music barrier and sheds light on her personal journey in the music business.
· Miguel Cotto: The Puerto Rican boxer talks life, family and the power of the boxing ring.
· Musical Performance by the Chris Perez Project
· Get in Shape with José Fernández: Come work out with celebrity trainer and People en Español Columnist, José Fernández, as he shares nutrition and wellness tips.
· Get up and Dance with Funkdation Crew: Mexican-Flavored Hip Hop
· Musical Performance by Élida Reyna and Michael Salgado
The presenting sponsor for Festival PEOPLE EN ESPAÑOL 2012 is Target. Target’s sponsorship will include experiences throughout the day and night that bring the Target brand to life in
Festival PEOPLE EN ESPAÑOL also features two nights of amazing concerts featuring the biggest names in Latin music including Luis Miguel, Daddy Yankee, Prince Royce, Larry Hernandez, Olga Tañón and more. Single night tickets as well as 2-day ticket packages are available now through Ticketmaster. For more information about the daytime events and evening concerts, as well as tickets and travel to Festival PEOPLE EN ESPAÑOL, visit www.peopleenespanol.com/festival. Follow us on Twitter – @PeopleEnEspañol and #FestivalPeople-- and become a fan on Facebook www.facebook.com/peopleenespanol.
About People en Español:
PEOPLE EN ESPAÑOL was launched in 1996 as a special issue, and today has become the top-selling Hispanic magazine in the